The past month I've spent most of my time getting Freddy back in condition for road use. The stock gas tank was horribly rusted, so I just got done installing the 5-gal aluminum tank we used for racing, along with new filters and hose throughout. Freddy can actually make a long pull in 3rd and 4th gear, without running dry of fuel!
Other than that, I've done lots of other projects, like converting it over to a coilover sleeve suspension setup, making a new exhaust, and installing a new interior upholstery kit. He's coming along nicely, and is of course very fun to drive. He's still a little loud, so I'm going to revise my exhaust design with a pair of "turbo" style chambered mufflers I found. They only measure 3-1/4" thick, which is actually thinner than the glasspack muffler under the car now.
After that project, I'll probably turn my attention to the engine bay, and start doing some clean-up work. Freddy was always a race car, so he's just sorta grungy right now.
Pics as of now, sitting on his new Rota RB wheels:
|front suspension setup, new coilover sleeves buillt|
|Grungy fuel filter, after only 20 miles of use|
|5gal AL tank installed, new smaller battery, new smaller spare tire|
|rear coilover kit I built|