28 September, 2011

Mastering the Bush

As the Bridgestone BS-7 project is winding down, I can't help but turn my attention to another project bike. I have several to choose from, but I want something different from the usual Honda C100 based bike, or another cafe/racer bike. So how about a Kawasaki?

I've had this 1969 Kawasaki G3TR Bushmaster for quite a while. In fact, this photo was taken at our old townhouse, so it must have been approaching five years now. I bought it off a gentleman in SanFran, for something paltry like $100. As you can see, it needs lots of work:


I've been wanting to do something along the lines of a "Brat Style" build. Which is a no-frills 1970s hot rod sort of thing. Biggish tires, lowered a bunch, more relaxed riding position. My first quick concept sketch is this:


Chop the frame a bit, lower it, new seat, move the tank back a little, biggish tires, and try to keep it as clean as possible. I also have a vision of a totally righteous 1970s style fuel tank art, complete with a naked lady and a dragon. Maybe a naked lady riding a dragon. Mr A has agreed to help me with that, so it should be awesome.

C'

No comments: