31 July, 2010

More Beer: Cranberry Wheat

After a day of garage work, I decided to spend some time this afternoon brewing up a second batch of beer. This time I used the wheat kit from Mr. Beer, and added a bit of cranberry fruitiness. I boiled up some water and added the whole cranberries in sauce, and 1.2 ounce of cascade hopes. I let this do its thing for about 30 minutes, before letting it cool and adding the Hopped Malt Extract.

Yummy cranberry and hops stew!


I had it all in the fermenting keg by about 3pm, and it is hanging out in the spare room. Should be interesting to see how this one turns out.

C'

1 comment:

sean said...

Check at the local brew shop to see if they have steeping bags. They're cheap, they come in a variety of sizes, you can throw the hops and/or fruit in the bag, tie them up, toss them in the water, steep, and then just pull the mess out and dump it out. Rinse the bag off and you're done. Pretty handy.