06 June, 2010

16.9 mile ride

I took Ratty for his first real ride today. Last week was just a quick blast around the immediate neighborhood, but today I put on 16.9 miles of mixed city and valley roads. I ran to OSH Hardware store, blasted downtown, got a thumbs-up from a Chico Cop, and then went out east of town and rode back home around the outside of the valley. I also stopped at a large undeveloped bit of property near our house to snap a few pics, since the light was decent.

Helmet and gloves cooling off after a ride:













Oh, and the muffler seems to work! Fairly quiet, less "pop pop pop" on overrev, and no red hot shards of steel wool firing out the back.

C'

4 comments:

sean said...

Awesome! It looks great.

mini ray said...

what kind of rear fork cushions do you have on Ratty?

Chris said...

I think they are off a Yamaha GT80. I have one of those, and it came with an extra box of parts, including rear shocks. I made rubber bushings out of 5/8" heater hose. So far so good!

mini ray said...

sweet! It's looking good and I bet it's a super fun ride.