04 March, 2010

Pulque La Lucha! Coco-Pina

12oz.

5.5% alc.

Yes, that's what it looks like. Like a thick cloudy milky grapefruit juice. Here is what the bottle says:

"Older than tequila, stronger than beer. The original drink of Mexico. Fermented agave Juice with coconut and pineapple flavoring."

Let me just say, this is awesome. Like totally strange awesome. I had to shake it up as there was a ton of sediment on the bottom of the bottle. It poured out like it looks in the glass. I didn't know what to expect. It has a sweet and sour aroma. The sourness turns somewhat tart when you first drink it. It initially tastes like a cross between grapefruit and pineapple, with some coconut flavors. Pretty much just like the bottle describes.

But then it hits you. This interesting sourness followed by a soothing warmth of alcohol. I just keep going back because it is so interesting. I think I could become addicted to it, once you get used to the funky sourness of it.

I'm a little sad the glass is almost empty. How do I say "sad panda" in Mexican?

C'

No comments: